Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How this blog began.

I was in a marriage that wasn't working. We barely had sex, there was little intimacy. When we did have sex, it was great, but it happened so infrequently the last couple of years.

We had trouble getting pregnant, which was kind of a blessing. We "tried" a lot, which was fantastic for both of us. Nothing happened, pregnancy-wise. Turns out she was deficient in a hormone. A trip to a fertility doctor, a little hormone replacement, then seeing a follicle that visit (an egg ready to be fertilized), then the doctor recommended we go home and have fun for the weekend. We did. A lot that weekend. And Dammit, it took right away. That was the last time we'd make love for almost two years. Two YEARS.

The lack of sex and intimacy in general was killing me. I'd always been interested in good sex, had studied it both in theory and in a lot of practice. In a sexless marriage, I stepped up my studying. A lot.

We finally made love and she was shocked. Actually asked how I'd learned all that. It wasn't just technique, it was attitude and much more. She REALLY enjoyed that. But by then, we'd grown so far apart that when we decided to go through counseling, even the therapists couldn't help us. We divorced, and I kept studying. And the things I've learned have made a huge difference in every aspect of my life. I'm more confident, more successful, have better friendships, and after showing a couple more women the sheer possibilities of the pleasure they can experience, I found a woman I'm proud to call my girlfriend.

Having a steady relationship allows for a much deeper connection and a chance to know what REALLY gets both of you off. And that constantly changes and evolves.

These are the things I want to explore here with this blog. I want to hear from others' experiences, would LOVE it if there was a lot of discussion and participation here. Welcome, thanks for reading, and here's to men becoming better lovers and both men and women benefitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment